September 12, 2011

When I was 23 Earth years old...

I wanted to be:
*Published as a writer
*Heard as a poet
*Able to adequately support myself financially
*A vocalist in a punk band, any punk band
*Paid for work that I actually enjoyed and valued
*Accessing effective medication for illness & non-neurotypicality
*Supported by my communities for my spiritual life

I had a crush on:
*Samadhi Beargrrl
*Manky Daemon Whorde
*Tunga. Public sharing of material progress around this started a month before my 23rd birthday can be found HERE
*Autonomedia & G7 Welcoming Committee (first year that I bought products instead of just consuming them)
*Queercore, xLimpWristx, Three Dollar Bill, Soursob Bob, Black Skull Netwerk & SeisMoev, Mechanised Convulsions
*Radical queer community (Particularly Camp Betty, Queeruption)

I regret:
*Not quitting that horrible, back-breaking, underpaid retail job sooner.
*Not blogging more. Only blog post from 23yo Audry HERE
*Not focusing on effective managment of mental illness in order to participate more actively in Black Skull Netwerk.

I was scared of:
*Seizures
*Not being able to provide a good home in Adelaide for my kitty/familiar Lee Henry Oswald
*Lack of opportunities for queer sexual expression and kinky connections in Adelaide
*Monogamous sexual relationships with womyn
*Being trapped in South Australia
*Difficulties in accessing sacred plants/shrooms & psychedelic substances

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home