August 11, 2005

marajuana notation thursday morning

so i've chosen to dismantle the text industries
i dont own these words and neither do you
the task at hand is to search to break through
every scribble, every diary, every hieroglyph a clue

so i like cutting through word lines
and breaking distorted beats

sometimes i cohabitate with chemicals
and play with friends and sex and speech

poetry is the power to change the world
there is no scream thats silent
i know i've been taught to fear myself
to obey, to not want to be heard


i cant even try to avoid hypocrisy

because the human experience is free
i wont appeal to whats rational
when it seems whats real now and true

i will be a slave, a writer, a journalist, an advocate
of what is good for me and my family humanity
right now my instinct tells me my destiny
to be naughty and nice and to fly a black flag

with my drugs of choice in my hands
i'll sail smoking laughing through into the abyss
with all the freaks, the boyz n' grrlz that i can kiss
on my very own good ship anarchy!




Words crafted in the early hours of this morning by Audrey Autonomy
Photography by Geoff Cordner from his Body Of Evidence Collection

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah some people smoke that weed because they ant to be cool or fit in... atleast thats what i hear.. well i smoke it because it calms me down.. and because it keeps me quiet and i look at thinks diffrent and think about them longer.
thank you,
Bethany Pacheco

5:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home