September 23, 2004

Just woke up....

just woke up from a nice siesta that involved some intense dreaming. transparent, instructive, somewhat desperate.

twas a bit of a wandering dream. My environment was a synthesis in the sense that some streets/houses/businesses reminded me of broken hill and the rest of adelaide. to the best of my recollection now, my companions, present at various moments to do what they do (or dont) do best, were: Tim, Ann, Aaron, Colwin. Also present were rain; wandering through nighttime suburbia; computer games and movies in someones apartment, a middle aged couple having sex on the loungeroom floor in front of the screen; eucalyptus trees; cigarettes; green lawn, undergrown sewers; station wagons; vans full of hippys, anarchists, emo punks, etc; service stations; electoral propaganda.

A bunch of stuff happened as the dream ran its course.
One of my friends (unsure who) had rather public sex with some punk girl in the back of a station wagon as a way of both making an apology and also proving his worth to a crowd of others.
There were beautiful boys and girls everywhere but only one dominated my vision. She was all dressed in black with soft short black hair and she was breathtakingly beautiful. I didn't even talk to her. Shes an animal liberation activist. One of my friends tells her and a couple of other people that I'm in love with her. I'm more than a little pissed at these remarks. I suppose i think my chances are lessened. And besides, I'm not in love with her; i just think shes beautiful. The crowd of hippys, punks, anarchists, communists, etc leaves and the only reason i'm not on the bus with them is that i'm running around the house frantic looking for my cigarettes and my mobile phone. I cant leave without these items.

Transperant. Now i'm looking out my window, glenelg is one great big festering neon distraction. I've just gotten off the phone to one of my mates and i'm craving some sort of chemical assistance. Sedate me. I'm pissed off again because I'm still in Adelaide and i'm sick and tired of the place.

Last week i had a great dream of mexico city. I woke up, transcribed my dream in a blunt simple prose (so as to get it all down before it fades away). But the first thing i wrote was this:

" I go to sleep and dream. I am happy and horny hanging out in Mexico City, at a brothel named California. I wake up, hungry and with a headache, in a cheap apartment in Glenelg. How do i reconcile these realities?"

I need to make some changes in my life. As my dreams grow increasinly transparent (as expressions of concious/unconcious desires), I grow increasinly frustrated at my own stagnant situation. AAAAAAAAAAARGH! I know i should trust my desires, and i do. I just dont follow through on them near often enough.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home