September 21, 2004

is this a beginning?

I've been messing around with that dammned addictive cut up machine again (thanks Grazulis!). I scored it here. Cutting in some of my disgruntled angst ridden poetry about hypocrisy's inherent in this so-called city of churches with some passages from a really great book by John Zerzan called "The Mass Psychology Of Misery". I cant remember where the hell i found the download, it comes in two parts and is published by Autonomedia.

"Make a city of churches, at the expense of the sensuous, disciplined, designed through a lack of psychedelic instinct. Meanwhile, the youth are in production fucking bored and suicide and homicide are out of control and rising with ecstasy speed and electro rock and roll. The number of teens locked up tell me their stories, the city of churches, doors closed to the homeless, teenage suicide has risen enormously. So many ways to gauge the pain, graceful charity and serious obesity. Listen to the machine hum the essence of all psychiatric conditioning. Adelaide city of individuals can no longer recognise himself. "

I quite like that, but obviously that piece not a matter of simply cutting up the two texts, i just needed some fresh inspiration or sumthin. The cut up mahcine is an awesome tool me thinks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home