January 15, 2005

Declaration #8203-223

Dissenters are silenced by ridicule and steriotype. Individuality is quickly labelled as destructive blasphemy and it becomes accepted fact that demons walk the streets behind all the cool subversive underground scenes, spreading spiritual corruption and dangerous sinful philosophies, preaching permanent unrest. I’m sitting on the steps outside parliament house mid 2004 holding a big piece of white card on my lap:

ASIO

NATIONAL SECURITY

OR

SORRY EXCUSE

FOR A POLICE STATE

And you’re walking past with your digital camera thinking “…and I bet he doesn’t even wash his hair another dumb punk kid doesn’t know what he’s sayin just lazy and likes to complain or maybe hes got something to hide probably a fuckin fag or somethin ive got nothin to hide how else are we supposed to stop the terrorists anyway…” So now you go and slot me into your mythology. I want you to know that you’re welcome. You’ll only feed my horns to grow. When I ask you nicely for revolution, or at least some greater consideration for human nature’s intrinsic value, I’m told that I’m preaching the stale same old story and with my mohawk I’m a walking cliché. What greater criticism could you offer me? What crueller insult?

I say you will never meet another with my likeness. This is individual religion baby and you [and everyone else] will never be invited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home